Our TrainingHome / Our Training
The world best quality of product and Training, for Beekeeping with Bee!
Handling of beehives
This course aims to improve the confidence and competence of colony manipulation by experienced beekeepers. This is not recipe beekeeping – we will not be teaching specific manipulations – but we will practice a number of underlying skills such as queen finding, handling, and introduction, working efficiently with large colonies, dealing with difficult colonies, disease inspection, and colony destruction. Hands-on activities are key to the course, as is discussion of planning, options, and contingencies.
Sample Video How to handling of beehives
This apiculture course includes hands-on training on a number of important topics related to beekeeping, including assembling hives and opening and examining colonies. From disease and mite prevention and hive management to honey production, this class will cover everything you need to know to further your hobby or get your business off the ground!
CAUTION: As you will be working around live bee colonies, please remember to wear light-colored and smooth-textured clothing, as dark-colored, textured and woolly clothing can aggravate the bees. Please refrain from using perfume or hair gel and keep jewelry to a minimum. Warmer weather means more active bees! We strongly encourage attendees to bring a beekeeping veil and/or a hat to cover your hair.
NOTE: In order to reserve your bees for the upcoming season, please contact your supplier as early as possible. A "NJ Honey Bee Suppliers" list and a "Glossary of Terms" will be sent to you with your confirmation upon registering for this class.
- Registration Fee $395.00
- NJ Beekeepers Association Members $350.00
- PA Beekeepers Association Members $350.00
- Master Gardeners Discount Fee $355.50
- Cancellation Fee $35.00
Who Should Attend
Whether you are completely new to beekeeping or already have a few years as an apiarist under your belt, you will gain valuable insights from our seasoned instructors and their combined experience.
Our students come from all walks of life – attorneys, teachers, retirees, farmers, artists – but they leave with one thing in common: a newfound confidence to start their own hives and pursue their passion for beekeeping.
- "This was a great program; I am very excited about starting my own hive; I feel pretty confident I can do it!"
- "Gives very good foundational information so that I feel comfortable starting beekeeping."
- "I have already recommended this course [to others]. I thought it was a great, thorough course for beginners and achieved in making me feel confident enough to try beekeeping."
- "I came into the program having no beekeeping experience or knowledge. This information I learned will be very useful as I start my first colony of bees."
- "I think this program is a great program if you're interested in beekeeping. It takes you through the first year of beekeeping."
- "It takes you every step from knowing nothing to being ready to start keeping bees."
- "Excellent intro to beekeeping."
- "If you have any interest in bees or beekeeping, this was a great class."